Lisa B. Eisen—National Director
As National Director of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, and director of its Washington, D.C. office, Lisa spearheads efforts to strengthen Jewish identity and community and ensure vibrant Jewish life by supporting initiatives around the world that empower young Jews to embrace the joy of Judaism, build inclusive Jewish communities, support the State of Israel and repair the world.
Founding Chair of the Israel on Campus Coalition, Lisa also chairs the board of the iCenter,which focuses on developing and advancing innovative Israel education. She is the founding and immediate past board chair of Repair the World, a national organization devoted to making service a defining element of Jewish life, and she also serves on the national boards of the Israel Institute, BBYO and Project Interchange Seminars in Israel.
Lisa previously served for nine years as Executive Director of Project Interchange, an institute of the American Jewish Committee (AJC), which is dedicated to educating American and world leaders about Israel through firsthand experience. She has also held positions as AJC’s Washington Area Assistant Director, as Legislative Assistant to U.S. Representative Bart Gordon, and as an intern at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
Lisa is a nationally recognized leader and presenter in the fields of philanthropy, Jewish service, Israel education and advocacy, and professional development. She graduated magna cum laude from Yale University with a Bachelors of Arts in History and earned her Master of Arts degree with honors in Israeli and Middle Eastern Studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Lisa and her husband, Mitch, have three children, Ariella, Tamar and Jonah. Lisa is a certified yoga teacher, and she enjoys vinyasa and ashtanga yoga, community service, trekking and international travel.
Follow Lisa on twitter at @leisen28.
Post by this team member
- April 8th, 2013 - Capitalizing on Innovation
- March 21st, 2013 - The Metamorphosis of Israel Education: A Conversation
- January 18th, 2013 - To Everything There Is a Season: The Metamorphosis of Israel Education
- October 5th, 2012 - The Truth About Israel Advocacy
- May 24th, 2012 - The Rebirth of BBYO: A Decade of Lessons Learned
- March 22nd, 2012 - People of the Book, Community of Action: The Case for Jewish Service-Learning
- March 6th, 2012 - Peoplehood Papers: Putting the People Back in Peoplehood
- March 2nd, 2012 - Seizing the Moment for Israel Education
- December 20th, 2011 - From Waging Peace to the Lingering Conflict: An Interview with Ambassador Itamar Rabinovich
- July 10th, 2011 - Volunteering + Values: Connecting the Dots
- March 30th, 2011 - Show and Tell: 4 Principles of Effective Storytelling
- February 11th, 2011 - Op-Ed: Six Key Trends Transforming Jewish Philanthropy
- December 1st, 2010 - Creating Light in a Time of Darkness
- November 9th, 2010 - Spotlight on Service at the GA
- November 3rd, 2010 - Engaging Jewish Teenage Boys: A Call to Action
- September 8th, 2010 - Reigniting Our Fire: A Rosh Hashana Reflection
- July 13th, 2010 - Welcome to Our New Website!