The iCenter works to advance high-quality, meaningful and innovative Israel education by serving as the national hub and catalyst for building, shaping and supporting the field. The iCenter envisions generations of young North American Jews for whom contemporary Israel is an integral and vibrant part of their personal and collective Jewish identity. This vision includes a pre-K through grade 12 Jewish educational system in North America that fully incorporates Israel—people, land, history, language and culture—into the very fiber of its overall mission.
iCenter’s core strategies include:
- Establishing foundational elements of excellence in Israel education;
- Developing and implementing multiple avenues of professional development in Israel education that together attract a wide audience of educators from an array of settings;
- Identifying, cultivating and making accessible high quality resources that are compelling, thought provoking and personally relevant to the 21st century learner;
- Providing varying forums for connecting educators who are teaching Israel.
- Promoting thought leadership and encourage discourse on issues related to Israel education; and
- Fostering a communal commitment to the integration of Israel education in the Jewish educational system.