Calling all REALITY Alumni!!
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (CLSFF) has teamed up with its partner, ROI Community, Inc. (ROI) to bring you the Make It Happen Project: micro grants for macro change. Through ROI, we’re providing micro grants of up to $500 per project to enable YOU to create exciting Jewish experiences and build the skills you need to change the world. We believe that small things really do make a BIG difference, and we’re relying on you to “Make It Happen!”
Past participants of REALITY Israel, REALITY Global and Entrepreneurial Leadership Summit experiences are eligible to participate in the Make It Happen Project.
Projects and Limits
You may receive Make It Happen Project micro grants of up to $500 per experience for projects that enable you to:
- Participate in Jewish experiences and/or create Jewish experiences for yourself and your friends; OR
- Develop skills to maximize your effectiveness at being an agent for social change
Requests are reviewed as they are received. Eligible participants may receive funds for a maximum of one experience per month and may receive a maximum of $2,500 in any given calendar year. We hope that you will take advantage of both kinds of projects, so should you apply to receive the maximum of $2,500 per year, we ask that at least 50% be used to create Jewish experiences for yourself and your friends.
Think creatively! What kinds of things would you do with $500? What are your friends interested in? Have you thought about hosting a Shabbat dinner? Convening a book group? Taking a public speaking class? Learning Hebrew? Attending a conference? Check out some ideas from your fellow REALITY alumni!
What’s YOUR idea?
Let’s Make It Happen!
Quick and easy!
- Set up a PayPal account (if you don’t have one already).
- Submit your idea online.
- Find out if your idea has been approved in approximately one week.
- Receive the micro grant payment to your PayPal account.
- Within thirty days upon the completion of the project, you must submit to us the following three things, via our online form:
- a brief written summary of the experience, in blog post form , that may be posted on our website (www.schusterman.org);
- a picture of the experience (if applicable); and
- a report of each expenditure with description and amount (we’ll send you the report form)
- You will be eligible for your next Make It Happen Project upon receipt and approval of these items.
Questions? Please contact Lila Miller at email@example.com
So, what are you waiting for? Apply NOW!
(but first, do us a favor and read the Fine and Finer Print, below)
- The Make It Happen Project micro grants are designed to help you create and participate in experiences that are consistent with the values and mission of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (CLSFF). As such, ideas that are not in line with these values and mission will not be approved. This determination will be made at the sole discretion of the Foundation.
- The Make It Happen Project micro grants may NOT be used to support fundraisers of any kind.
- Experiences supported by the Make It Happen Project micro grants must be offered FREE of charge to attendees.
- Shabbat dinners must take place during Shabbat (Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, or Saturday meal for Havdallah, the ceremony marking the end of Shabbat).
- Jewish holiday events must take place during the week of the holiday.
- Unless alternative arrangements are made, it is our expectation that any funds received through the Make It Happen Project will be expended within three months.
- All submitted photographs and blog posts become the property of CLSFF/ROI and may be used by CLSFF/ROI for, including but not limited to: posting on www.schusterman.org or in publicity materials.
- Any unspent funds in excess of $50 must be returned to ROI Community, Inc or applied to a future Make It Happen Project, upon prior approval by CLSFF/ROI.
- When acknowledging the source of this grant, please acknowledge the Make It Happen Project.
- CLSFF/ROI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to request that a Make It Happen Project micro grant recipient provide original receipts for costs incurred from a program or project. CLSFF/ROI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pay a Make It Happen Project micro grant recipient based on his/her actual expenses, deny payment in part or in whole, and to disqualify Make It Happen Project micro grant recipients from future participation in the Make It Happen Project.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in denial of payment and disqualification from future participation in the Make It Happen Project. These guidelines are subject to change at any time, and are at the sole discretion of CLSFF/ROI.
The Finer Print:
In consideration of payments made by ROI Community, Inc. to me in connection with the Make It Happen Project (the “Activities”), I, on behalf of myself and anyone who obtains any rights from or through me, hereby forever and irrevocably release and indemnifies ROI Community, Inc. and its affiliates, partners, agents, licensees, designees, funders, insurers, personal and legal representatives, successors and assigns, and any director, officer, employee or agent of any of the foregoing (each considered one of the “Releasees” herein) from any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs or expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs) (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of or in any way related to my hosting of, participation in or attendance at the Activities (including, but not limited to, Losses (including, without limitation, Losses from bodily injury, illness or death) caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or misconduct of any Releasee or otherwise, (ii) any claim, action, suit or demand brought by any third party against any Releasee by reason of or in connection with my hosting of, participation in or attendance at the Activities, or (iii) the invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, libel, slander, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other causes of action arising out of the use of my image or personal attributes. I further covenant not to sue any Releasee or cause any Releasee to be sued regarding any matter released above, and I further state that I am fully competent to sign this agreement; and that I execute this release for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending for myself, family, estate, heirs, administrators, personal representatives, or assigns to be bound by same.