This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted October 25, 2017.
Director of Public Programs
Mechon Hadar is a growing intellectual and spiritual initiative for people who want a meaningful Jewish life, serious Jewish study, and engaging Jewish community. We are seeking a Director of Public Programs.
- Lead person responsible for overall success and growth of all public programs of Mechon Hadar, including core weeklong programs, daytime classes, one-off lectures and days of learning, and national teaching, in New York City and throughout North America
- Drive continued growth in attendance at Hadar’s public programs through high-level recruiting strategies, partnerships and engagement of a broad number of stakeholders
- Manage relationships with participants, ensuring the highest quality of care and concern for participant experience
- Manage Program and Operations staff to effectively plan and execute programs and serve the needs of attendees
- Contribute to strategic vision of Hadar’s programming in partnership with senior management
- Execute Hadar’s strategic priority of growth in other cities by building partnerships and programs outside of the New York area
Mechon Hadar seeks a Director of Public Programs who is passionate about the mission of Mechon Hadar, and has significant experience in building partnerships through relationships and managing the successful execution of educational programs.
- Very strong interpersonal skills. Someone who enjoys meeting new people and working with people.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently through creative problem solving
- Relationship builder with flexibility and collaborative spirit
- High energy with the ability to work and think at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn and use systems effectively including but not limited to Salesforce and Google Drive
- Basic ability to read Hebrew is required, proficiency in Hebrew is a plus
- Deep knowledge of Jewish communal landscape a plus
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation experience preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit an application along with a cover letter and resume.
(Photo Credit: Mechon Hadar Facebook page)