The Community Incubator is open to those who have participated in an immersive Schusterman experience (ROI Community, REALITY and Connection Points) and who have already run a successful Grassroots Initiative. For those who have not yet spearheaded a Grassroots Initiative gathering, you can learn more about it and apply here.
Participation in the Incubator is by invitation only. Organizers of successful Grassroots Initiatives events, through which leaders emerge and community interest is apparent, are invited to apply for the “Build” stage of the Incubator and later may be invited to apply for subsequent stages.
When invited to apply to the Community Incubator, all community organizers are asked to consider the following questions:
- Does the community have the potential to thrive based on its relevance and potential leadership?
- Does the community have a vision, viable goals and the potential to impact social change?
- Does the community have the potential to engage many people?
- Is the community focused on creating social change? How aligned is the program with the Schusterman Foundation’s core values?
- Does the community have a Jewish angle? (While not all participating communities need goals that relate overtly to Jewish themes, our commitment is to fostering an experience that helps young people strengthen their connection to Jewish values and the Jewish community.)
Are you part of a community grounded in Jewish values and committed to fostering positive social change? Are you eligible for and interested in hosting a Grassroots Initiative? Learn more and apply!