This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted June 27, 2018.
The Genesis Prize Foundation, in partnership with the Jewish Funders Network, has created a matching grant initiative to strategically further women’s empowerment in the North American Jewish community and generate a greater ongoing philanthropic commitment to the field.
The main goals of the Matching Grant Initiative are:
- To strengthen organizations and projects which strategically further women’s empowerment in the North American Jewish community
- To initiate systemic change as it relates to advancing women in the Jewish community
- To identify and fund innovative projects and organizations in the field of women’s empowerment
- To use the leverage of matching funds to foster the field of women’s empowerment in the Jewish community and bring both new funders and new funding into the field
- To encourage funders to engage with non-profits on particular projects and take an active role in developing and increasing the impact of those organizations
For the purpose of this grant, all applications must be submitted and executed through nonprofits with the 501c3 (USA) tax designation or the legal equivalent in the organization’s home country.
The field of women’s empowerment is broad, and as a result, there are several priority areas that have been identified for funding as part of this matching grant initiative. Programs should seek to address at least one of the following:
- Prevent gender-based discrimination, harassment, and assault
- Provide gender-inclusive educational and training programs
- Conduct research on economic issues challenging women working in the Jewish community
- Provide encouragement and opportunities for Jewish girls and women to become interested – and remain engaged – in STEM education and careers
If you are interested in applying and the work you do is beyond the scope mentioned above, please contact Melissa Rosen at [email protected] to discuss eligibility.
(Photo Credit: eJP)