This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted November 14, 2017.
WHAT IS THE JEWISH SERVICE CORPS?
The Global Jewish Service Corps (JSC) is a year-long, paid opportunity for Jewish young professionals to volunteer overseas with JDC, the world's leading Jewish humanitarian organization. Responding to international Jewish and humanitarian needs, JSC fellows facilitate and create innovative programs using their unique skills and talents.
WHERE DO JSC FELLOWS SERVE?
JDC works in over 70 countries around the world, and JSC fellows have served in global Jewish communities, Israel and in countries where JDC has non-sectarian projects. Currently, fellows are serving in locations like Argentina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, India, Israel, Latvia, Poland, Rwanda, Turkey and Ukraine.
JSC PLACEMENTS IN THE PAST HAVE INCLUDED:
- Facilitating leadership training and program implementation for teen and young adult programs in Latin America, Europe, and the Former Soviet Union.
- Providing strategic support in a variety of JDC offices in Europe and Asia.
- Working with Israel’s most vulnerable populations including unemployed, youth-at-risk, elderly, and the disabled.
- Running programs to enable orphaned youth to realize their maximum potential at the Agahozo Shalom Youth Village in Rwanda
- Developing Jewish enrichment programs for children and families across the globe.
- Serving as a mentor and coordinator for volunteers serving in newly developed JDC Entwine Multi-Week Jewish Service Corps placements.
- In partnership with BBYO, the world’s largest pluralistic Jewish youth movement, fellows provide Jewish teen with meaningful Jewish experiences.
• College degree or equivalent and proven academic achievement
• Strong leadership, communication skills, adaptability, flexibility, and capacity to work independently
• Knowledge of other languages is valuable in many placements
Application Deadline: December 31, 2017
(Photo Credit: JDC Entwine)