We know that social distancing can be hard, especially for those who enjoy being in community with each other.
We encourage everyone to practice self-care and take steps to maintain your physical, mental and emotional well-being. We are also finding new ways to keep this community connected online. We are excited to bring you this Virtual REALITY portal to house all upcoming REALITY alumni-led virtual gatherings, meaningful resources and initiatives from our grantees and partners, and access to COVID-19 Response Micro Grants.
We are so inspired by all the amazing content you are creating to lift people up during these difficult times. Please email Melanie Weintraub with any upcoming events you’re hosting, content you’re creating or initiatives you are spearheading.
Thursday, December 3 and Friday, December 4
Now more than ever, we’re all craving meaningful connection with our community. That is why we are bringing you back to Israel virtually and to the community you built on your journey with us—all from the comfort of your home.
Join us Thursday, December 3 and Friday, December 4, for REALITY 2.0.
Register by Friday, November 13.
View FAQs here
Tuesday, November 17, 4-5:30 PM ET
We are excited to launch a REALITY leadership series with our first session, Change Leadership: Leading During Times of Uncertainty, taking place on Tuesday, November 17 from 4-5:30pm eastern. Facilitated by Carrie L. Ellis, Principal Consultant of Celestial Consulting LLC., this session will work with participants to build the adaptive leadership skills needed to help move through change in times of uncertainty when there are no clear answers. The program is 90 minutes and will include breakouts.
This program is limited to 30 alumni and spots will be confirmed on a first come, first serve basis. Please only register if you are able to participate in the full session. The REALITY team will send a calendar invite to those confirmed for the session and we will open a waitlist to notify those on the waitlist if a spot opens up.
This program is the first of a leadership series REALITY is launching. Subsequent programming will be offered after the new year. This series will provide alumni with different opportunities to participate in various professional and leadership development programs.
REALITY Racial Equity Micro Grants
We are proud of the work many REALITY Community members are doing to center racial equity, and these micro grants are intended to help you take purposeful action toward engaging more people and organizations in this work. While these micro grants will not address the full extent of the challenge we face in dismantling systemic racism, they are intended to support REALITY alumni efforts to address racism and inequity in their communities. If you have questions after reviewing the webpage and FAQs, please contact Jenny Feuer.
REALITY COVID-19 Response Micro Grants
If you’re interested in applying for a COVID-19 Response Micro Grant, please visit the COVID-19 Response Micro Grants page and pay special attention to the FAQ section. Questions? Email Melanie Weintraub.
PAUSE, the new Shabbat video collaboration between OneTable and Broadway’s Adam Kantor, launched last Friday, October 2. You can find each installment on the first Friday of every month at onetable.org/pause. Three REALITY alumni were instrumental in making the first episode possible: Eric Kuhn (Storytellers 2019), Will Thomas (Travel 2019) and Zoe Plotsky (Taste 2018)
REALITY 2.0 FAQs
- What is REALITY 2.0?
- REALITY 2.0 is our first-ever virtual reunion, a two-day experience with 25+ panels, conversations and performances, led by incredible innovators, thought-leaders and creators from Israel and around the globe. Topics will range from fashion to politics to food to activism and more. You can join us for some or all of these experiences, but more on that later!
- When is REALITY 2.0?
- Thursday, December 3 and Friday, December 4, 2020
- How can I register?
- If you complete the registration form and payment between Wednesday, November 18 and Wednesday, December 2, you will have full access to all content and programming but will not receive the care package, which everyone who registered by November 18 will get, as we’ve sold out. You can register by using this link: https://cloudspn.tfaforms.net/266287
- How much does REALITY 2.0 cost? Why is there a fee?
- The cost for REALITY 2.0 is $36, which includes two days of incredible content and programming. If you registered and paid by November 18, you will also receive a special care package designed to enhance the experience and transport your senses back to Israel (think: REALITY-branded cozy favorites and food).
- How can I choose which sessions I’d like to attend?
- A few days after you register you’ll receive an email with directions to log into our virtual convention center, where you can choose the sessions you’d like to attend, add sessions to your calendar and view a complete list of speakers.
- Who is eligible to register?
- All REALITY alumni are welcome to attend REALITY 2.0. In order to qualify as a REALITY alum, you must have gone on a REALITY Israel journey.
- How many REALITY alumni will participate in REALITY 2.0?
- As of November 18, a little over 300 alums have registered for this experience.
- Can you tell me exact timing of the sessions?
- You are in control of your own schedule at REALITY 2.0 and can join us for all 25+ sessions or for just one! Here is the basic timing:
- On Thursday, there will be sessions running from 11:45 AM ET- 3:45 PM ET and main stage session with keynote speakers from 4:00-7:00 PM ET.
- On Friday, there will be sessions running from 11:45 AM ET- 5 PM ET and a main stage session with keynote speakers from 6:00-8:00 PM ET.
- Can you tell me about some of the speakers and sessions?
- Inspirational session with Brittany Packnett Cunningham (Leader at the Intersection of Culture and Justice) who will speak about social justice, activism and how to navigate the challenges presented during this uniquely difficult time
- Netta Barzilai (2018 Eurovision winner, Singer, Looping Artist and Inclusion Activist) will perform live, followed by an interview with Uriel Yekutiel (Director, Choreographer and Trailblazer in the LGBTQ community in Tel Aviv and worldwide)
- A geopolitical update with Michael Bauer (Tour Educator)
- Saed Nashef (Palestinian Co-Founder at Sadara Ventures, the first venture capital firm targeting the Palestinian tech sector) and Yadin Kaufmann (Israeli Co-Founder at Sadara Ventures) in conversation with REALITY alum, Kimmy Scotti about technology from an Israeli and Palestinian perspective
- A conversation between Lynn Schusterman (Chair Emerita, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies), Stacy Schusterman (Chair, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies) and Lisa Eisen (Co-President, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies) about the Foundation’s evolution, their work as philanthropists, why supporting Israel is so important and their goals for the REALITY community
- A Q+A with Shira Haas (Ophir Award-Winning and Emmy-nominated Actress) and Noa Tishby (Israeli Actress, Producer, Singer, Writer and Eden2Zion 2015) about Shira’s hit Netflix series, Unorthodox
- Hedai Offaim (Chef, Writer and Food Entrepreneur) and Mira Awad (Singer, Actress, Songwriter, Peace Activist and the first Christian Arab to represent Israel at Eurovision) will team up for an interactive cooking class and live music
- A dance party with Joanna Miller (Storytellers 2019)
- Time on the REALITY “bus” (aka your living room)
- A conversation with Rana Abu Fraiha (Bedouin Award-Winning Documentary Filmmaker), where we will learn about the untold stories of women on the margins
- A panel of Israeli Fashion Designers, including Shahar Avnet, will share their experiences working with world-renowned clients, including Beyoncé
- Mixology Class + Journey Vertical Reunions
- Shabbat thoughts and pearls of wisdom with Rabbi Sharon Brous (Founder and Senior Rabbi, IKAR)
- Shabbat blessings with the Jerusalem Youth Chorus (choral and dialogue program for Palestinian and Israeli youth in Jerusalem)
- I still have more questions. How can I get in touch?
- Please email [email protected]