This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted November 10, 2017.
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College & Jewish Reconstructionist Communities: Major Gifts & Planned Giving Officer
Our Strategic Advancement Department announces an opening for a highly motivated Major Gifts & Planned Giving Officer. The successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President for Strategic Advancement to develop and implement strategies for individual prospective and current donors to ensure that Reconstructionist communities and our rabbinical school continue to share, create and innovate new ways for Jewish lives to be filled with deep meaning and purpose. This person will also oversee and further develop the institution’s Planned Giving program, a crucial role to ensure that our institution will have the resources needed to create a boldly relevant Judaism today and far into the future.
- Build and manage a portfolio of prospective and current donors.
- Think strategically about unique cultivation events for prospects/donors and work with the events team to help make amazing things happen.
- Oversee our Planned Giving program.
- Research, identify, cultivate and solicit planned giving prospective and current donors.
- Travel to our various congregations across the continent to build relationships with donors and prospects.
- An Entrepreneur. The candidate must be self-motivated and excited to build a portfolio of donors in conjunction with our research department, and then develop and bring plans for each person to fruition.
- A Relationship-Builder. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a diverse array of people.
- A Communicator. Ability to communicate orally and in writing our compelling and inspired vision of core purpose.
- A Closer. Ability to close large gifts.
- A Strategist. Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- A Doer. Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at one time.
- A Team-Player. Ability to work closely with others in a way that mutually supports one another and builds something that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- A Traveler. Ability to travel, as needed.
- An Embracer of Technology. Ability to work with development information systems and databases.
Experience: We will consider candidates in all stages of their development career, provided they can demonstrate the criteria listed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications
Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position with excellent benefits that include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays. We offer a dynamic and progressive workplace.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, CV/resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
About Reconstructionist Rabbinical College and Jewish Reconstructionist Communities:
- Why Us? We live in a moment when people are more connected to each other than ever, yet isolated—socially, geographically and spiritually—making our search for community and ultimate meaning difficult.
- What Reconstructionism offers: Reconstructionists approach Judaism—and life—with deep consideration of the past and a passion to connect it to the present. In a rapidly changing world, Reconstructionist communities and our rabbinical school shares and creates new ways of being Jewish to ensure our lives are filled with deep meaning and purpose.
- About the College and Movement: RRC/JRC is a vibrant, imaginative, and scholarly organization that trains the next generation of rabbis, supports and uplifts congregations and havurot, and encourages young people to be their best selves—while shaping what it means to be Jewish along the way.
- Why you should come work with us: RRC/JRC and the broader Reconstructionist movement welcomes your voice, your energy, your questions and participation in something larger—creating a boldly relevant Judaism for today and tomorrow.
(Photo Credit: RRC)