MODEL ASHLEY GRAHAM, TINDER CO-FOUNDER SEAN RAD AND DIGITAL ENTREPRENEUR TYLER OAKLEY (AMONG OTHERS) JOIN FORBES IN ISRAEL FOR FORBES UNDER 30 SUMMIT EMEA
PLUS: British Alternative Pop Singer Hatty Keane, Israeli Rock Musician Tal Ramon and Artist and Actor SAZ to Perform at Forbes Under 30 Summit Music Festival
TEL AVIV (Tuesday, March 28, 2017) – Forbes announced today the final speaker line-up for the 2017 Forbes Under 30 Summit EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), which will take place in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, April 2-6, under the theme “Innovation, Exploration, and Inspiration.”
Forbes is expected to bring together more than 600 of the world’s most influential young entrepreneurs from the U.S., Europe and Israel, as culled from Forbes’ 30 Under 30 lists. At the summit, Forbes will feature panels, interviews, performances, product demos and keynote addresses, showcasing the most cutting-edge innovators and disruptors, and will provide mentorship from successful business leaders. To view the agenda and full speaker line-up, please visit: www.forbesconferences.com/event/2017-forbes-under-30-summit-jerusalem-tel-aviv/.
Speakers who will participate in the summit include:
- Ashley Graham, Model, Designer and Body Activist
- Sean Rad, Co-Founder and Chairman, Tinder
- Tyler Oakley, Digital Entrepreneur
- Jon Oringer, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Shutterstock
- Sir Ronald Cohen, Co-Founder, Apax Partners andChairman, Global Social Impact Investment Steering Group and The Portland Trust
- Amar’e Stoudemire, Basketball Superstar & Entrepreneur
- Sofia Hmich, Founder, Future Positive Capital
- Yossi Vardi, Internet Entrepreneur
- Obinwanne Okeke, Chairman & CEO, Invictus
- Susan Graham, PhD, Co-Founder & CTO, BioCarbon Engineering
- Avishai Abrahami, Co-Founder & CEO, Wix.com
- Teddy Sagi, Businessman and Entrepreneur, Founder of PlayTech, Market Tech and SafeCharge
“Last year’s Under 30 Summit EMEA was one of the most popular events we’ve ever done, bringing together young superstars from more than 30 countries, all dedicated to using entrepreneurship to solve problems,” said Randall Lane, Editor of Forbes magazine, who started the Under 30 franchise. “We look forward to another amazing week as we build this community centered on good.”
Forbes Under 30 Music Festival
As part of the summit, on April 5th, Forbes will host its Under 30 Summit Music Festival at the Tower of David. The music festival, which will be emceed by model Ashley Graham, will feature Tal Ramon, Israeli Rock Musician; Hatty Keane, Alternative Pop Singer; Sameh “SAZ” Zakout, Artist & Actor; and The YMCA Jerusalem Youth Chorus.
The summit will offer rich cultural immersion activities and a unique global networking environment. Forbes Under 30 Summit EMEA attendees will have the opportunity to mentor and inspire the next generation of young superstar entrepreneurs in the local communities of Israel.
- The morning of Sunday, April 2nd, summit participants will ring the Opening Bell at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. The summit will officially kick off in the evening with a Taste of Israel Food Festival, bringing the best bites of the region into one place, at sunset, for an opening reception on the shores of the Mediterranean.
- On April 3rd, participants will gather in Tel Aviv for a day of content focused on “Innovation,” while enjoying access to an entire Forbes Under 30 Village with networking areas and a VIP lounge.
- April 4th will be devoted to “Exploration” and cultural immersion. Rothschild Boulevard will be transformed into an Open House, as summit participants will be able to explore and join tours, including a guided tour of the Old City in Jerusalem.
- April 5th will focus on “Inspiration — Making a Difference, Healing the World.” Participants will visit sites across Greater Israel to cultivate conversations about achieving actionable solutions. Attendees will have a choice of participating in one of the following service activities: a “Day of Innovation” at Jerusalem Venture Partners, visiting the Khirbet El Rai excavation site, or mentoring entrepreneurs in the Palestinian City of Rawabi, accompanied by Sir Ronald Cohen. The day will end with the Forbes Under 30 Music Festival, featuring acts from across Israel, Europe and America.
- On April 6th, the summit will conclude with a day of inspiration and reflection, starting at sunrise at the Masada fortress and the Dead Sea.
About the Forbes Under 30 Summits
The Forbes Under 30 Summit franchise, one of the company’s most popular franchises, is an extension of Forbes magazine’s annual 30 Under 30 list. Attendees of the summit are culled from Forbes’ 30 Under 30 lists in the U.S., Europe and Israel.
Partners and Sponsors of the 2017 Forbes Under 30 Summit EMEA
The 2017 Forbes Under 30 Summit EMEA is presented in partnership with the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, The Pratt Foundation and The Paul E. Singer Foundation. Content partners include Start-Up Nation Central and REALITY Israel. The Presenting Sponsors for the summit are Lokai and LABS. Gett is the official Transportation Partner.
For more details on this year’s Forbes Under 30 Summit EMEA, please visit:
The official hashtag for the Forbes Under 30 Summit is: #Under30Summit.
About Forbes Media
Forbes Media is a global media, branding and technology company with a focus on news and information about business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership and affluent lifestyles. The company publishes Forbes and Forbes Asia magazines as well as Forbes.com. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 94 million people worldwide with its business message each month through its magazines and 38 licensed local editions around the globe, websites, TV, conferences, research, social and mobile platforms. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include conferences, real estate, education, financial services and technology license agreements.
About Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is a global organization that seeks to ignite the passion and unleash the power in young people to create positive change. Schusterman pursues its mission by working collaboratively with others to support and operate high-quality education, identity development, leadership training and service programs designed to help young people cultivate their growth as individuals and as leaders. Schusterman’s work emphasizes efforts to improve public education in the United States and strengthen the global Jewish community and Israel. Visit www.schusterman.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
About The Paul E. Singer Foundation
The mission of The Paul E. Singer Foundation is to support innovative and effective organizations that work to strengthen our American democracy and democracies around the world. The Foundation work to date has focused on supporting research and scholars in the areas of free-market economics, the rule of law, U.S. national security, and the future of Israel, as well as LGBT equality efforts and health-care delivery innovation. For additional information, please visit thepesfoundation.org.
About The Pratt Foundation
The Pratt Foundation is an Australian-based grant-maker which funds philanthropic projects internationally, with a focus on Australia, Israel, Asia and the United States. Its priorities include food and water security, environmental sustainability, innovation and social entrepreneurship, mental health, Aboriginal education, medical research, family welfare, inter-faith dialogue, and the arts.
About REALITY Israel
REALITY Israel is a transformative leadership development journey through Israel for global changemakers on a mission to repair the world. It is designed to encourage participants to explore the values that drive their commitment to social change and to give them the tools to apply what they learn to their work. REALITY is an initiative of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
About Start-Up Nation Central
Start-Up Nation Central connects companies and countries to the people and technologies in Israel that can solve their most pressing challenges. Start-Up Nation Central provides international clients with their first tangible point of connection to the Israeli innovation ecosystem while offering the largest and most up-to-date platform and connectivity to more than 6,000 Israeli companies across multiple industries and domains.
Lokai is a socially responsible lifestyle brand that represents the importance of finding balance along life’s journey. Steven Izen founded the company in 2013, on the heels of a deeply emotional and transformative experience. Realizing that life is a cycle of highs and lows, he grew to appreciate the importance of remaining both humble and hopeful. The company infuses its trademark bracelets with elements sourced from the highest and lowest points on Earth – water from Mt. Everest and mud from the Dead Sea. The Lokai lifestyle is devoted to finding balance, sharing success during life’s peaks and gaining perspective during lows. Lokai supports this message by donating 10% of net profits to various charitable organizations. Since launching, Lokai is sold in over 160 countries. Please visit www.lokai.com for more information. www.Instagram.com/livelokai. www.Twitter.com/livelokai. www.facebook.com/livelokai
LABS is a Market Tech company that is being established and which will compete in the co-working market, offering large facilities at attractive locations in select cities around the world. A new facility will be opened in London in June, followed by two additional facilities opening in Tel Aviv. Facilities are planned in Paris and Berlin in 2018 and possibly in the U.S.
Gett (previously GetTaxi) is a global on-demand mobility company. #1 in Europe, Gett operates in 100+ cities, including NYC, London, Moscow and Tel Aviv. With >6k corporate clients worldwide, Gett for Business is the leading B2B player globally. Founded in 2010, Gett is disrupting on-demand transportation, goods and services, and changing the way people move around and Gett things. With >$500M in revenues, Gett continues to grow 3X YoY. Gett raised $640 million in venture funding and was selected by FORBES as a one of the top 15 explosively growing companies.
U.S. – Christina Vega, [email protected], 212.206.5155
Israel – Matt Krieger, [email protected], +972-544-676-950
EU – Rose Schreiber, [email protected], +44 (0) 20 3745 4960