This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted September 18, 2018.
Reconstructing Judaism will be embarking upon a major campaign to help our organization make an impactful stride toward delivering on our vision in new and exciting ways. The Campaign Manager will report to the Vice President for Strategic Advancement and will be responsible for driving campaign planning and follow through in conjunction with staff and lay leadership and a development firm yet to be chosen. The successful candidate will demonstrate affinity with the mission and identity of Reconstructing Judaism and possess the organizational, development and relational skills required of this role.
- Work closely with the VP for Strategic Advancement to align the campaign with the organization’s mission, values, vision and strategic plan, while keeping in mind the needs of our already established annual campaign.
- Serve as the lead staff person to the Campaign Steering Committee, handling all meeting details and creation and distribution of minutes and action notes.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Design and implement a series of campaign cultivation activities including events and communications with top prospects.
- Ensure that events, solicitations and supporting materials and communications are developed, produced and executed in accordance with the campaign plan.
- Manage campaign prospect research, tracking, correspondence, stewardship and acknowledgement in the donor database.
- Manage, equip and support volunteer and staff involvement in the campaign, preparing them to be effective cultivators and solicitors. Prepare briefing and follow-up materials for solicitors.
- In conjunction with the VPSA, engage in resource planning, development and oversight of campaign budget, allocation of resources and expenditures for the campaign.
- Manage the President’s, the VPSA’s, and lay leaders’ travel portfolios related to campaign prospects; assist in managing appointments and shepherding through the cultivation process.
- Calculate and produce regular campaign status reports on income and expenses.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ability to exercise influence as well as direct power to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and public presence.
- Strong track record of meeting critical deadlines and keeping projects on target and on budget.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5-7 years’ experience in fundraising campaign work and/or development work. Must be able to demonstrate how prior experience translates into aptitude to oversee and run a campaign.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
$70,000+, commensurate with experience/qualifications
This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays. We offer a dynamic and progressive workplace.
Please send cover letter & resume to [email protected]. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Reconstructing Judaism is the central organization of the Reconstructionist movement. We train the next generation of rabbis, support and uplift congregations and havurot, foster emerging expressions of Jewish life, and encourage people to be their best selves — always helping to shape what it means to be Jewish today and to imagine the Jewish future.
Reconstructionists approach Judaism — and life — with deep consideration of the past and a passion to relate it to the present. We have originated many of the core innovations of today’s Judaism and lead efforts to make our congregations and havurot even more groundbreaking, inclusive and relevant.