This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted November 26, 2018.
Founded over 100 years ago to serve the needs of the Jewish community in Dallas, the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas (JFGD) helps families stay connected through a strong partnership of agencies, programs, organizations, and community events. It serves hundreds of thousands of Jews in the greater Dallas area, Israel and around the world, and it is recognized as a national leader in best practices and innovation throughout the Jewish Federation system.
Dallas is the ninth largest city in the U.S. and part of the fourth largest metroplex in the country. It is an energetic and fast-growing region that welcomes more than 100,000 new residents annually. The region is experiencing phenomenal growth in the north Dallas suburbs of Plano and Frisco, where new development has brought world-class shopping and restaurants to the area. Global corporations, such as Toyota and Liberty Mutual, have moved their headquarters to the area, which has become a top job-generator in the country.
Within the past five years, the Jewish community has raised more than $100 million in capital campaigns to build the new Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance as well as renovate synagogues and other Jewish infrastructure. It is also home to respected national leaders of major Jewish organizations, which is representative of the emphasis on leadership development within the Dallas Jewish community.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas is uniquely positioned to serve as a convener and leader of the Dallas Jewish Community. It is very well-respected, has deep strength in its staff and volunteer leaders, and enjoys the trust of strong relationships with other Jewish organizations. For more information about JFGD, please visit: www.jewishdallas.org
The leadership of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a passion for the Jewish Community who will build upon its established strengths and energize the community toward a common vision for the future. There is great interest in continued innovation and community planning to accommodate the rapid growth and geographic spread of the Jewish community. The CEO of JFGD will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with leadership to shape the future and move the organization forward, while respecting its deep traditions. The CEO, accountable to the Board of Directors, will provide leadership and strategic direction toward realizing the Jewish Federation’s goals to respond to the vital local and international needs. The Board seeks an experienced organizational leader with a record of success who welcomes the challenge of building teams, developing relationships, and partnering with key constituents and agencies.
The CEO must have an understanding and familiarity with organizational and political aspects of Jewish life locally, nationally and internationally. S/He must want to be an engaged and active member of the community and embrace the unique flavor and culture of Jewish life in greater Dallas.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
- Seven– 10plus years of progressive, strategic leadership and management experience in business, government, or non-profit sectors. Demonstrated successful track record of working with a Board and understanding volunteer-professional partnerships
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set and articulate an organizational vision; see and manage the organization from a big-picture perspective and be decisive and inclusive in the decision-making process; and be proactive and employ critical thinking skills
- A successful track record as a senior executive in an organization or agency comparable in complexity to the Jewish Federation
- Ability to attract and steward high net-worth individuals and be attuned to donor interests and concerns
- An energetic self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills who can relate well with staff, lay leadership, donors, and the community at large
- Knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities, finance and accounting operations of non-profits, and governance requirements
- Knowledge about philanthropy and will understand research, trends, and opportunities in the philanthropic field
- Must be visionary, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented with proven success in building relationships
- Must be a role model for volunteer and professional leadership
- Demonstrated success as an effective and dynamic fundraiser
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable speaking in public
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to Jewish life, Jewish values and the work of the Jewish Federation. Must inspire engagement, participation, and commitment from diverse stakeholders, and be perceived as the leader of the Dallas Jewish community
- Builder of coalitions with other agencies and leaders to identify and promote opportunities for collaboration in service of shared interests
- Ability to multi-task and manage in a fast-paced environment
For more information, please contact [email protected]