At Hillel International's Schusterman International Center, we're looking for someone who knows how to connect with people and tell our stories as our next Communications Associate. We are seeking a candidate who can be responsible for highlighting Hillel's work through a variety of platforms and to various audiences, including students, parents, donors and Hillel professionals.
What you're great at:
- Telling inspiring and informative stories in short and long form, across all media.
- Creating compelling and exciting social media content that connects with people and inspires them to engage.
- Designing eye-catching graphics and video.
- Being a natural storyteller who knows what to say and when to say it.
- Understanding core social channels and their nuanced differences, and being able to adjust content appropriately.
- Coordinating content from various sources and putting them together in an appealing package.
- Keeping up with the latest trends and technology to find innovative ways to connect with college students.
- Using social media to drive brand awareness and teaching others how they can grow their online community.
What you'll bring to the job:
- A Bachelor's degree and professional work experience in multimedia journalism, communications or marketing.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Experience and proven results from developing and implementing social content for a brand, school or nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity with HootSuite or similar social management platforms and reporting social media analytics.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Experience as a writer and editor who is comfortable writing both short-form social captions and longer blog posts.
- Photography and editing skills (proficiency in Lightroom, Photoshop or similar program)
- Ability to film video and make light edits.
- A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, feel at ease managing a project, a sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from challenges.
As Communications Associate, a typical day may include:
- Drafting and customizing brand content to post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Working with students who are taking over Hillel's Snapchat channel.
- Drafting content on Hillel's next great social entrepreneurial project for the Hillel International blog at Hillel.org.
- Curating content from across Hillel for the next newsletter for Hillel professionals.
What you'll own and how you'll grow:
- Draft and edit content from Hillel International departments and campus partners for use in social media and on Hillel.org.
- Draft and edit content for print publications, including Hillel College Guide magazine and Hillel's Annual Report.
- Supervise content and design of e-mail newsletter for field professionals.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders, including advancement, Hinenu (Israel team), Donor Services, Online Services and other internal departments.
- Implementing overall social strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Setting goals and objectives for each channel with supervisor - and then, meeting (or exceeding) those goals.
- Owning and brainstorming content for Hillel International's social content calendar and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure key messages are communicated.
- Writing copy for all of Hillel International's social channels.
- Customizing content by channel.
- Finding ways to engage various audience, including students, parents, alumni, donors and the broader Jewish community.
- Being a steward of the Hillel brand by creating a strong, consistent visual language that reflects our brand.
- Graphic design, photography and video editing.
Supervision and Professional Growth
- Participate in weekly professional supervision with the Director of Communications.
- Participate in ongoing Jewish learning and professional development opportunities with other staff members.
What you'll get out of it:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring and skill building opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
What we’re about:
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and fosters an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities, and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
Please apply at www.hilleljobs.com by clicking on “Current Openings.” Contact [email protected] with any questions.
(Photo Credit: Hillel International)