This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted October 4, 2018.
Honeymoon Israel (HMI) provides immersive trips to Israel for locally based cohorts of couples that have at least one Jewish partner and are early in their committed relationship, creating communities of couples who are building families with meaningful connections to Jewish life and the Jewish people. To read more about Honeymoon Israel and its mission and vision, please see: www.honeymoonisrael.org.
To date, HMI has run 67 trips from 14 cities across the country - bringing more than 1,300 couples to Israel. In NYC in specific, HMI has run 8 trips so far - bringing 160 couples to Israel. There are currently 3 Honeymoon Israel trips scheduled from NYC each year, and it may increase to 4 trips each year given demand.
Honeymoon Israel is seeking a 20 hour/week professional for the role of Community Engagement Manager in New York City. This is a new position within the organization. While candidates must reside locally in the NYC area, Honeymoon Israel operates a virtual organization and staff work remotely. This position will report directly to the Honeymoon Israel Regional Director, East Coast (Regional Director also serves as City Director for NYC) This position requires domestic and international travel, including at least one trip to Israel per year.
Honeymoon Israel NYC is proudly funded by UJA Federation-NY.
- Oversee HMI NYC applicant experience (in partnership with the Regional Director), including but not limited to recruitment, interview process and selection
- Manage operations for all application cycle and trip-related events
- Create and manage a comprehensive recruitment plan for all HMI NYC trips specifically with young adults who have yet to find meaningful connections to Jewish life
- Develop data collecting processes (in partnership with HMI Data Manager) to maintain updated records of HMI NYC alumni community
- Staff HMI trip(s) from NYC each year (at least one, but up to three trips a year)
- Craft monthly communication to HMI NYC alumni and maintain community calendar of events and opportunities
- Manage local alumni funding opportunities through administration of microgrants
- Serve as a local connector to applicant couples who are not secured spots on a trip
- Assist the Regional Director in development and management of local community partnerships
- Assist the Regional Director in development and management of post-trip alumni experience
- Plan and organize leadership retreats (in partnership with Regional Director and local organizations)
- Experience staffing and/or participating on Israel trips, including experience in group facilitation
- Experience working with young adults / young families
- Ability to excel in a remote work environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proficient in collecting, inputting, and managing data
- Open to pushing and redefining the boundaries of Jewish life
- Ability to work in and exercise leadership as part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-functioning, self-starting team
- High-level written and communication skills
- Sense of humor and creative thinker
- Knowledge of NYC community landscape
- Knowledge of Jewish history, ritual, culture, and Israel strongly preferred
- Professional or volunteer background in community organizing, development, program administration or Jewish education strongly preferred
- Social media fluency strongly preferred
Honeymoon Israel is committed to creating a safe, respectful and equitable work environment. All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include title of job in the subject line of the email.
(Photo Credit: HMI Facebook page)