The pre-eminent NYC-based ride-sharing enabler getting and keeping livery drivers on the road, providing car financing, repairs, maintenance and insurance all in one, package solution.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Maximize the return on financial assets by establishing and following financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, experience with quick books. Senior level capabilities required. The position will report directly to the CEO and COO.
- Competitive compensation.
Controller Job Duties:
- Closes the books according to GAAP on a monthly basis producing auditable Financial Statements with all supporting documentation and sub-ledgers that are accurate and tie to the General Ledger and include a bank reconciliation every month.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
- Knows, recommends advises on the proper accounting and reporting systems for the Company
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by tracking and reconciling all bank cash balances with cash and GAAP accounting
- Works with CEO and prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Working with our auditors and tax attorneys, helps the Company (in both its lease agreements and corporate structure) comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions;
- Ensures operation of vehicles by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining and monitoring new and old vehicle inventories; tracking lease rates and expirations as new drivers change vehicles
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Controller Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA strongly preferred, in depth knowledge of GAAP required.
- Experience as a controller, closing the books, managing processes, developing standards, tracking and explaining budget variances and developing budgets.
- Experience in preparing for and overseeing Audits.
To apply send resume to Ilan Tzadka on : [email protected]
(Photo credit: IntaBoro website )