This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted April 20, 2017
TAMID Group seeks a national Director of Development, based in Washington DC. This individual will grow and manage a donor portfolio of ~$3M annually consisting of existing individual supporters and foundations with a focus on broadening the overall donor base. This individual will work with the organization’s Board of Directors and senior staff to build upon the success of our fundraising efforts with foundations and individuals, while leading the development and execution of a unique strategy to effectively identify, cultivate and steward individual donors (with a focus on $2,500+.)
TAMID trains the next generation of top business leaders and provides them with a strong and lasting connection to Israel. This takes place through a series of programs aimed at college students and graduates:
- A comprehensive education curriculum
- Pro-bono consulting for Israeli startups
- Capital market investment research
- A summer internship program in Israel
- Professional and social networking with TAMID students after they graduate TAMID is a nonprofit, apolitical, and areligious organization that has expanded to 34 campuses in the US and Israel, with membership nearing 1,700 students.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Meaningfully engage and steward a growing donor base, resulting in the successful solicitation and renewal of gifts and involvement from major donors to support the national and efforts of TAMID.
- Identify and cultivate new donor prospects through regular in-person meetings, networking and relationship building. This individual will work independently and alongside key TAMID leaders to develop a strong base of new funding.
- Oversee the creation and improvement of a moves management strategy, including managing the fundraising efforts of senior staff, generating written content that is donor-oriented, and performing development research.
- Manage the process of identifying and implementing a donor-management platform, together with TAMID’s staff.
- Facilitate meaningful and consistent touch points that instill a trust that contributions are an investment in the success of TAMID. Ignite excitement around TAMID members and their programs.
- Leverage TAMID’s campus presence, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the visibility and awareness of TAMID in the relevant donor communities.
- Work closely with TAMID’s Board of Directors and other local advocates, cultivating new supporters and raising awareness for TAMID’s programs locally, on campus, and around the country.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of fundraising/donor relations experience is required.
- Knowledge of and comfort with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of major gifts from individuals/family foundations is preferred.
- BA/BS required.
Other Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi task and attention to follow through.
- Have a passion for Israel and for the work and mission of TAMID.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and written communication skills.
- Interest in joining a small but growing team with a big vision and an all-hands- on-deck approach.
The position will be based in Washington DC but will involve a significant amount of travel (~40%).
This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with level of experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nate Gilson at [email protected] with “Director of Development Application” as the subject.
TAMID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All persons are encouraged to apply.
(Photo credit: TAMID Group Facebook page )