This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted September 12, 2018.
Director of Development
TAMID Group seeks a national Director of Development, based in Washington DC. This individual will grow and manage a donor portfolio of more than $3M annually consisting of existing individual supporters and foundations with a focus on broadening the overall donor base. This individual will work with the organization’s Board of Directors and senior staff to build upon the success of our fundraising efforts with foundations and individuals, while leading the development and execution of a unique strategy to effectively identify, cultivate and steward individual donors (with a focus on $2,500+.)
TAMID trains the next generation of top business leaders and provides them with a strong and lasting connection to Israel. This takes place through a series of programs aimed at college students and graduates:
- A comprehensive education curriculum
- Pro-bono consulting for Israeli startups
- Managing an Israel-focused investment portfolio
- A summer internship program in Israel
- Professional and social networking with TAMID students after they graduate
TAMID is a nonprofit, apolitical, and areligious organization that has expanded to 53 campuses around the world, serving more than 2,500 students.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and successful execution of TAMID’s fundraising strategy, including:
a. Meaningful engagement and stewardship of existing major foundation partners and donors, resulting in successful renewal and growth of their support.
b. Developing a core of support from the extended network of TAMID members, including program alumni and members’ families.
c. Cultivating new partners for TAMID by focusing on regional/local funding sources, including family foundations, individual donors, federations, etc.
d. Overseeing the growth and evolution of TAMID’s fundraising infrastructure (Salesforce, recognition processes, etc.)
e. Building the development team by hiring and managing staff/selecting vendors as needed.
- Execute this fundraising strategy as part of a coordinated effort with TAMID staff, student leaders, and board members.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 3-7 years of fundraising/donor relations experience is required.
- Knowledge of and comfort with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of major gifts from individuals/family foundations is required.
- BA/BS required.
Other Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities:
- Have a passion for Israel and for the work and mission of TAMID.
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision and plan for increased financial resource development results
- A proven track record of closing major gifts.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi task and attention to follow through.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and written communication skills.
- Interest in joining a small but growing team with a big vision and an all-hands-on-deck approach.
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred.
The position will be based in Washington DC but will involve a significant amount of travel (~40%).
This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with level of experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Nate Gilson at [email protected] with “Director of Development Application” as the subject.
TAMID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All persons are encouraged to apply.
For more information you can visit the Jewish Jobs website
(Photo Credit: TAMID Group website