This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted November 13, 2018.
Yesod is hiring a full-time Director of Educational Programming. They will lead on the design and implementation of a growing programme of professional development and Jewish fluency (knowledge, understanding, questioning, and application of Jewish concepts and text) initiatives for European Jewish community professionals and educators. Candidates must be a strong Jewish educator and have extensive experience of developing innovative programming. Understanding of a European Jewish community and / or organisational context is desirable.
Location: Based in Europe or Israel, remote working if non-London based. Co-working space can be arranged.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, permanent role
Salary range: Appropriate to location and experience
Reports to: Yesod Director
The Yesod Director of Educational Programming will be responsible for developing a comprehensive programme of initiatives to address the professional development and Jewish fluency needs of Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe. This role is expanding from its current part-time to a full-time position, managing the flagship initiatives such as the Kaplan Fellows @Yesod programme, whilst also partnering with consultants and partner organisations to grow Yesod’s offering of accessible Jewish learning and development opportunities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Overall development of a training and Jewish fluency programme of initiatives
- Seminar development and management with partners, trainers, educators, freelancers
- Kaplan Fellows @Yesod – Cohort II – flagship 12-month in-service programme, including 4 seminars, mentoring and webinars
- Development of specific training programme for senior European Jewish educators
- Management of Jewish learning scholarship process and allocation
- Identifying, assessing and building a resource of Jewish learning opportunities outside of Yesod – seminars, courses, digital resources, educators and consultants
- Commissioning/creating Jewish fluency e-learning opportunities
- Commissioning / creating digital Jewish fluency resources on their own and relating to professional development
- Commissioning/creating Yesod resource of the month
- Collaborate with the Yesod Director and the Yesod Professional Development Manager on professional development elements of Yesod programming, initiatives and resources
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Person Specification and Qualifications:
- A passion for the organisation’s mission and commitment to our goals
- Strong Jewish educator, especially in an informal or experiential setting
- Proven ability to develop innovative programming through all stages of design, implementation and evaluation
- Strong understanding and experience of being a Jewish community professional, preferably in Europe
- Ability to identify professional development needs and commission appropriate trainers
- Broadly networked in Jewish education and community development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- 10 years or more of professional work experience
- Technologically savvy
- Academic degree
- We are a small collaborative team, comprising a Director and Administrator (both full-time), based in London, and Professional Development Manager (part-time), based in Bern. This role will report to the Yesod Director and work closely with the Yesod staff team.
- The role will be full-time and is a permanent position.
- Flexible European or Israel location requiring remote working and travel periodically to Yesod programming and team meetings.
To download a PDF version of the Job description click here.
Yesod is dedicated to strengthening the future of Jewish Europe by investing in key individual Jewish community professionals and educators to create sustainable and meaningful European Jewish community life. We believe that individuals who are skilled, connected, valued and grounded in Jewish purpose as professionals and educators will have the greatest potential for impact. Through our founding partners’ collective experience and conversations in the field, Yesod identified a need to increase the scope of opportunities for professional development and Jewish fluency – knowledge, understanding, questioning, and application of Jewish concepts and text – for these individuals.
Yesod provides a range of seminars, funds and resources together with access to external opportunities, so that funding, training in languages beyond English, geographic location of events, and time availability are not barriers to progression. This framework of initiatives allows us to be responsive and flexible in meeting the professional development and Jewish fluency needs of European Jewish community professionals at different stages of their careers and in all different types of roles.
Yesod was created by three organisations – the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), the Rothschild Foundation (Hanadiv) Europe (RFHE) and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (CLSFF) – committed to supporting and strengthening European Jewish communities. Together we share the vision of a vibrant, meaningful, Jewish life comprised of strong communities driven by inspired and engaged individuals.
(Photo Credit: Yesod)