This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted August 15, 2018.
Director of Programming and Relationships
maximizes every woman’s chances of finding an early, curable breast cancer by providing expert education to DC-area women between the ages of 30-64. This education covers risk factors, screening options, self-advocacy, and cutting-edge developments. Brem Foundation trains physicians to join its expert educator team.
Brem Foundation is fast-paced, cutting-edge, fun, and impactful. We believe that everyone on our team has much to contribute and is driven to save more lives from breast cancer.
Education and outreach are the cornerstones of achieving Brem’s mission. The Brem Foundation (Brem) is seeking an excellent, committed, and passionate Director of Programming and Relationships (Director). Director will develop, implement, and evaluate Brem’s education and outreach. This will involve a two-pronged, simultaneous approach. In conjunction with Brem staff and board members, in particular CEO and Chief Medical Officer, Director will help recruit, train, and retain expert educators to join the Brem Educator Team. Every educator should be an expert in fields related to the early detection of breast cancer. Director will also work closely with the CEO and CMO to develop criteria for educators and sourcing opportunities. Director will then recruit team members and onboard them as educators. This team of expert educators will form the core of Brem’s program delivery and will require ongoing relationship-building and communication.
Director will also reach out to key partners in the DC area, such as community organizations, religious institutions, employers, and more, who have access to large numbers of women. The goal of these relationships is to provide more and larger platforms for delivering Brem’s life-saving programming and message. By succeeding in building these relationships Director will bring programming to significantly more women in the DC area. Director will be responsible for growing these relationships, as well as managing the content of the educational programming. In addition to building in-person, direct educational programming, Director will also be encouraged to innovate and explore tech-based, and other, ways of effectively delivering messages about early-detection in the DC area. Director will set, and meet, benchmarks for every program based on measurable outcomes through a formal evaluation process. Director will work with staff to create these benchmarks and evaluation methods. Director will also work with
Brem staff to gather data about the impact of Brem’s educational programming on breast-cancer screening behavior and attitudes.
The Director will work closely with the CEO, the board, and staff to drive measurable and outcome-driven growth that achieves BREM’s mission and programming goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive educational strategy to increase Brem’s reach in the DMV
- Recruit and retain a dedicated team of expert educators
- Work with expert educators to ensure consistent and reliable training and knowledge of the Brem Foundation’s approach
- Strategically identify key partners for educational events
- Create performance measures and monitor results to evaluate effectiveness
- Manage relationships with educators, partner organizations, and participants
- Use passion, energy, and commitment when describing Brem
Desired Education and Skills:
- Creative, driven, well-organized with enthusiasm for building success from the ground up
- Degree in education or public health preferred; bachelor’s degree required
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience managing or directing healthcare education in a community or healthcare setting
- Brem will consider strong candidates with experience outside of healthcare who have other qualifications
- Self-starter who thrives while working independently and sees challenges as a welcome opportunity for problem solving
- Unconventional and innovative
- Enjoys working with people and on a team
- Contagiously enthusiastic and positive
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- 40 hrs/week
- Salary: $80k-$100k