This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted May 8, 2018.
Building the capacity of European Jewish professionals and activists to mobilise and take responsibility for their communities in times of change.
Join the new GLI-Minyanim Fellowship for a transformative, cohort-based educational experience that combines learning, local activism, networking, and coaching. Through GLI-Minyanim you will cultivate the skills to strengthen your local Jewish community, innovate, create and shape your own local interventions and deepen your connection to the wider Jewish people and Israel.
Over the past 7 years, MiNYanim has established one of the strongest platforms in Europe for young Jewish community engagement. Now, the new GLI-Minyanim Fellowship is building on the existing network of more than 300 alumni to build local capacity across Europe by ensuring a sustainable pipeline of Jewish educators, community professionals and volunteer activists. The year-long program will work with a select cohort of 30 Fellows, enhancing their community leadership and educational competencies to create a promising Jewish future.
We are looking for passionate, curious and innovative Fellows that answer the following criteria:
- Ages 23-33;
- European* or Israeli;
- Passionate about shaping the future of Jewish life in your local community;
- Engaged in your local Jewish community as educator or community activist for at least 3 years;
- Ready to push the boundaries in your own self -development and willing to participate in a laboratory-like environment;
- Have strong inter-personal skills: a wide reach of current or potential influence and impact;
- English fluency;
- Able to commit to the demands of the program;
Please note – the program is open to MiNYanim alumni
Cohort #1 will be open to applicants from Hungary, Poland, Belarus, Italy, Russia and France
2 in-person international training seminars:
Hungary – July 10-15, 2018
Belarus – October 7-12, 2018
Before you apply please note the following essential information:
- Participation fee of 200€ will be charged on acceptance;
- The GLI-Minyanim Fellowship requires full attendance at international seminars;
- Implementation of community initiatives period includes assignments between seminars, including organizing 4 events throughout the year for Birthright alumni in your local community;
- Availability for ongoing program evaluation between seminars including answering questionnaires and telephone interviews is required.
WHO ARE WE?
The Global Leadership Institute (GLI) is the Jewish Agency for Israel’s leadership development center. Our mission is to build leadership capacity among Jewish professionals and volunteer activists so that they are better able to tackle the tough Jewish challenges of our time. Our GLOCAL approach envisions a Jewish world in which local communities are strong and relevant, and the global community is in productive dialogue. At the heart of all our work is a belief in the creativity, resourcefulness and resilience of a diverse Jewish collective.
The GLI-Minyanim Fellowship is made possible by the generosity of the New-York UJA Federation and the support of the Israeli Cultural Institute (ICI) in Budapest and Limmud International.
(Photo Credit: GLI-Minyanim Fellowship)