This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted April 20, 2017
Moishe House, an international nonprofit organization, provides meaningful Jewish experiences to young adults in their 20s. Our innovative model supports and sponsors young Jewish leaders as they create vibrant home-based communities for themselves and their peers. Our headquarters are in Encinitas, California, with additional offices in Charlotte, NC and London.
Working under the general supervision of the HR Director, the HR Coordinator is a hands-on professional position that provides administrative and consultative HR support in the areas of Recruitment, Onboarding, People Processes, and Risk/Insurance, via individual, team, and project work. The Coordinator collaborates with Moishe House leaders and the HR Director to initiate, develop, and expand HR processes and capabilities.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC and works in an office environment. The position is full- time; 75% time will be considered.
Essential Job Duties
- Recruitment: creates/maintains job descriptions and external postings, handles all application and interview screenings and scheduling, collaborates with and provides guidance to hiring managers
- Onboarding: creates, updates, and coordinates pre-employment processes, onboarding schedules, and team communications
- People Processes: creates and maintains organizational charts; initiates, tracks, and provides guidance to leaders and employees on employee life cycle functions; serves as point person and coordinator for employees and leaders on HR-related topics.
- Risk/Insurance: evaluates risk, initiates/obtains/tracks certificates of insurance and liability insurance coverages
- Operations/Other: updates and maintains employee handbook, policies, personnel files; HR budget, and US and Global reporting; contributes to special projects as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Human Resources or related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources practices, procedures, and employment law required.
- One year professional experience in Human Resources preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desirable.
Other Required Critical Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and documentation, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Detail oriented, resourceful and ability to learn quickly
- Strong technical skills and full competencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Critical thinker, process oriented
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and attention to follow-through.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Moishe House.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with salary history (no calls please) to: [email protected]
PLEASE WRITE “Human Resources Coordinator” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
(Photo credit: Moishe House Facebook page )