This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted August 28, 2018.
Footsteps is seeking an articulate and organized professional to serve as the organization’s first Institutional Relations Manager. Their primary role is to cultivate and coordinate a growing $1M portfolio of active and prospective foundation supporters. This position includes tasks ranging from maintaining a grants calendar and submitting proposals and reports to developing relationships with institutional partners. The Institutional Relations Manager will play a critical role on Footsteps’ development team, working collaboratively to establish annual fundraising goals and regularly assess performance toward goals.
Job responsibilities include:
- Oversee moves management process working closely with Executive Director to devise cultivation and stewardship strategy for institutional donors and prospects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and prospects, keeping them informed of program developments through site visits, meetings and updates
- Work closely with Development team to ensure that foundation supporters are invited to special events
- Represent Footsteps in external outreach and networking spaces
- Manage grants calendar and keep track of deadlines
- Compile and submit grant proposals and reports
- Maintain accurate and organized institutional fundraising records, including documentation of communications as well as grant commitments and reports
- Build relationships and collaborate closely with program staff to develop strong working knowledge of Footsteps programs
- Manage project budgets and ensure that grant requirements are met
Writing and Editing
- Work closely with grant writer to develop compelling grant proposals and reports for institutional funders and prospects
- Assist individual giving team in developing proposals for major donors and family foundations
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Passion for Footsteps mission and values
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to articulate the importance of the organization’s work to prospective and current funders
- Demonstrated ability to develop, foster, and sustain relationships
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and commitment to documentation
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, growing organization, including flexibility to simultaneously perform a wide variety of tasks
- Self-starter and able to work independently and in a team environment
Location: New York City (with flexibility for remote work)
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: 50,000-60,000 commensurate with experience
How to apply: For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate your name and “Institutional Relations Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.