This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted August 26, 2018.
Marketing & Business Development Manager, U.S, Crowd.IL
Any major U.S. city with travel to Israel 1-2 times per year
Crowd.IL is a digital platform that connects Israeli small, micro and social businesses with capital for launch and growth initiatives. It offers a streamlined and secure way for people around the world to support these borrowers and their diverse projects. In order for the platform to be successful, lenders who are interested in social impact must first know about Crowd.IL, then become convinced to use it and ideally recommend it to their friends and family to do the same.
Reporting to the CEO of Crowd.IL, the Marketing & Business Development Manager for the U.S. will build awareness among target American audiences and engage them to take part. S/he will be solely responsible for market development in the U.S. in line with the 5-year Crowd.IL business plan. The goal is to enable thousands of loans under $200 on average to directly fund projects on the ground in Israel.
At a high level, the person in this role will:
- Develop and execute a promotion and distribution plan to attract people in specific segments within a large, sophisticated market as scalably as possible
- Bring funds into an online marketplace of borrowers and lenders
- Directly impact Israelis who wouldn’t have access to a loan otherwise
- Provide a way for people to make a difference in the world by leveling the financial playing field
- Build a detailed market development plan for the U.S. to reach potential social lenders through two channels: 1) directly using social media and PR, and 2) via a network of partners who have access to these target audiences. Includes: target segments (e.g., college students, parents with bar mitzvah aged children), the approach to reach them (directly/social media and indirectly/partners) and objective metrics (e.g., cost per acquisition (CPA)) to meet the business plan goals for the U.S.
- Hone Crowd.IL messages for American audiences, applying findings from 2018 market research.
- Manage a social media marketing campaign using the most productive platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), advertising techniques (e.g., Canvas, carousel) and content to target prospective American social lenders in order to drive leads to Crowd.IL. Report on and continually improve CPA.
- Identify and engage key partners across the U.S. (e.g., campuses, synagogues, Jewish organizations) to promote Crowd.IL within their communities. Provide them with compelling materials and incentives to enable their efforts. Measure and report partner productivity and replace non-performing ones.
- Determine the best offers to motivate word-of-mouth (e.g., $x from Crowd.IL to the same project for every friend who lends) and retention by promoting the “pay it forward” platform attribute.
- Capture feedback from lenders and partners on the features and functionality of the platform and deliver it to the product development team.
- Manage a U.S. budget in line with the business plan to develop messages, content and materials for promotion; to advertise; for incentives; and for marketing operations.
- Have a pulse on crowdsourcing, peer-to-peer lending, social investing and online giving to ensure Crowd.IL’s positioning ongoing.
The selected candidate is a skilled business person who understands the American Jewish landscape, specifically Millennials and Generation X’ers, and non-profits that target these populations. S/he is passionate about Zionist values and the connection between the Jewish people and Israel. S/he:
- Is knowledgeable about social impact investing and loan instruments in general
- Has an expertise developing new markets
- Is a self-starter and enjoys the pace of a startup business
- Is equally competent defining a market plan and executing it
- Networks easily and productively
- Is an organized thinker who problem solves quickly and has keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or similar related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, partnership management or general business management with demonstrated success. Experience working in a startup a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of marketing strategy (messages, positioning), social media marketing, content development, acquisition and retention marketing, and PR.
- Experience executing productive partnerships including negotiating terms and agreements.
- Persuasive presenter. Expert written and verbal communication skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing to budget and prioritizing efforts to maximize results.
- Strong ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time using project management tools to stay on track as needed.
- Experience managing vendors.
To Apply please contact: Amira Aharonovich, [email protected].
The Jewish Agency for Israel’s mission is to ensure that every Jewish person is a part of the Jewish story by connecting them to each other and to Israel.
Every one of us, together.
jewishagency.org | facebook.com/jewishagency | twitter.com/jewishagency
The Jewish Agency for Israel is funded by The Jewish Federations of North America, Keren Hayesod/UIA as well as foundations and individual donors from Israel and around the world.
(Photo Credit: Jewish Agency Facebook page)