This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted December 18, 2018.
Part-Time NYC Coordinator for Shabbat Project
The Shabbat Project
The Shabbat Project is a global, grassroots movement that brings Jews from across the world
together around our shared heritage of Shabbat. It all started in South Africa in 2013 and grew
from there. In 2017, 1,416 cities in 97 countries participated, touching over 1 million Jews
The Shabbat Project is an open-source people’s movement. It is coordinated in cities around
the world by a network of over 8,000 partners who fund and operationalise the project on the
ground. These partners are supported by the global headquarters in Johannesburg,South Africa
and the global operations office in Tel Aviv, Israel.
The New York Coordinator will be tasked with igniting Shabbat Project events and activities
throughout the Five Boroughs, and will inspire and support partners in their Shabbat Project
planning. This is a part time position of 20 hours a week for a limited contract of 10 months with
the possibility of extension based on performance, results and the projects needs at the time.
The New York City Coordinator will report directly to the Director of North American
Partnerships, based in Israel, and will be employed as a freelance contractor by the South
African parent organization or the American 501(c)(3).
- Ready to hit the ground running.
- Ability to work independently and flexibility to communicate virtually within international and local team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Self-starter, creative thinker, and bridge builder
- Understanding of Jewish organizational and communal landscape in the Five Boroughs, including the nuances of various Jewish identities and affiliations.
- At least 10 years involved in New York Jewish life, either on professional or personal/volunteer level.
- Experience in event planning and marketing a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Comfort with Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- Must have a commitment to Jewish Unity and a love for Klal Yisrael.
Please send brief cover letter and CV to [email protected]
(Photo Credit: The Shabbat Project)