This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted November 21, 2018.
Sharsheret, a fast-paced and growing national breast cancer organization, seeks a full-time Program Coordinator in our newly opened Chicago, IL office to assist in the delivery of cancer support and outreach programs. The position will begin in December 2018.
• 2 years’ experience working in a health care setting, non-profit or Jewish organization MSW or PsyD required
• Passion for issues related to cancer and the Jewish community
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong writing, communication, public speaking and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work in very fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Speak one-on-one with women and families calling with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and cancer genetics questions
• Assist Sharsheret volunteers and staff with program development and facilitation
• Represent Sharsheret at local conferences and events
• Prepare materials for programs and events
• Process telephone and e-mail requests for information
• Coordinate program-related projects and mailings
• Program data entry
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No telephone calls please. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Sharsheret provides equal employment opportunities to all candidates regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for chain, a national cancer organization with three offices (California, Florida, and New Jersey), serves 120,000 women, families, health care professionals, community leaders, and students, in all 50 states. Sharsheret creates a safe community for women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer and their families at every stage of life and at every stage of cancer - from before diagnosis, during treatment and into the survivorship years. While our expertise is focused on young women and Jewish families, more than 15% of those we serve are not Jewish. All Sharsheret programs serve all women and men.
As a premier organization for psychosocial support, Sharsheret is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Breast Cancer in Young Women, works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and participates in psychosocial research studies and evaluations with major cancer centers, including Georgetown University Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. Sharsheret is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has earned a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator for four consecutive years.
What We Do
One-on-One Support for women and their families touched by breast cancer and ovarian cancer (all free, confidential, and convenient) featuring
- Online 24/7 Live Chat
- Mental Health Professionals
- Genetic Counselor
- Peer Support
- Customized Beauty Kits
- Busy Boxes for Children
- Specialized Programming for Women Living with Metastatic Cancer
Education and Outreach for women, families, and community and medical professionals
- Healthcare Webinars
- College Campus Programming
- Community Educational Seminars
- Cultural Competency Trainings
- Comprehensive Resource Booklet Series
Community Action for women and men of all ages
- B'nai Mitzvah Projects
- Team Sharsheret Races and Walks
- Young Professionals Circle
- Teal and Pink Shabbat
- Local Volunteer Opportunities
For more information and to get involved today, visit us online at www.sharsheret.org or call us
(Photo Credit: Sharsheret)