This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted December 28, 2016
Maimonides Fund is a private grantmaking organization that funds in North America and Israel. The Program Officer’s areas of focus will include Jewish education and identity in North America.
Program Officers contribute to the Fund’s strategy and actively participate in grantmaking by seeking, developing, recommending, and administering grants in the program area. Program Officers are expected to build networks and partnerships around issues central to the Fund’s mission; communicate and advocate for systemic change; and multiply the impact of the Fund’s investments and influence.
- Maintaining and expanding upon a breadth of knowledge to enhance the Fund’s strategies, including current trends, emerging issues, evaluations, academic literature, policy interventions, and innovations
- Researching and identifying potential grant opportunities and funding areas
- Evaluating invited grant requests, including financial statements
- Communicating with grantees on a regular basis, both seeking and providing information necessary to support the efficacy and efficiency of the Fund’s philanthropy
- Interfacing with grantees, thought leaders, and funding colleagues to assess progress towards systemic change
- Sound professional judgment, objectivity, discretion, and humility
- 5+ years of experience in and an excellent working knowledge of the organized Jewish community
- Demonstrated experience distilling complex information to form opinions, vocalize arguments, and develop recommendations
- Ability to work independently in a flat organization
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic and financial skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Professional or volunteer experience in assessing organizational leadership, strategy, and financials preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree or equivalent preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
This is a full-time, Manhattan-based position.
To apply, please send a resume and a writing sample to [email protected] Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Maimonides Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search.