This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted December 3, 2018.
A 5-month volunteer experience based in Jerusalem that directly engages with the reality of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, based on the core value of self-determination for all peoples. Participants are involved in hands on work with educational, community, and human rights organizations, doing grassroots work with Israelis and Palestinians in and around Jerusalem. Participants volunteer in a group project and in individualized placements, while traveling extensively, and learning with leaders in the field. The next program is beginning in February 2019.
- Volunteer doing grassroots work with leading Israeli human rights organizations
- Live in Jerusalem, a city of diversity, conflict, and beauty
- Build humanistic Jewish community and shape a collective culture
- Develop leadership and community organizing skills by taking responsibility on the ground
- Learn Hebrew and Arabic
- Make lifelong connections with Israelis, Palestinians and people from all over the world
Only a few spots left - apply today to join our Spring 2019 cohort!
You can always check out what our current participants are up to on facebook
"I hope that Solidarity of Nations – Achvat Amim participants have positive life-changing experiences as individuals and a meaningful collective journey. I hope that we will actively connect our exploration of Jewish tradition, history and values with our vision and strategy for making a better world. I hope that our participants are connected to the struggle for justice and peace here and that they incorporate the value of self-determination for all peoples into their lives.”
-Daniel Roth, Achvat Amim Director
(Photo Credit: Solidarity of Nations - Achvat Amimi Facebook Page)