This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted August 10, 2017
Moishe House, the largest international organization serving Jews in their 20s, provides meaningful Jewish experiences for young adults through the development of vibrant home-based Jewish communities. In response to local demand and the success of the organization’s model, Moishe House is focused on further expanding its base of donors and supporters, activating philanthropists that are moved to invest in experiences that inspire young Jewish adults.
The Southeastern Director of Advancement, based in Charlotte, NC, is a professional position responsible for the growth and management of a regionally-based donor portfolio of ~ $500,000, consisting of existing individual and institutional supporters, with a focus on broadening the overall donor base in the Southeastern United States. This position works with Moishe House’s Board of Directors and senior staff to build upon the success of the organization’s fundraising efforts, while leading the development and execution of a unique strategy to effectively identify, cultivate, and steward individual donors (with a focus on $2,500+.)
Essential Job Duties:
- Meaningfully engage a growing donor base, resulting in the successful solicitation and renewal of gifts and involvement from major donors to support the national and local efforts of Moishe House.
- Identifies and cultivates new donor prospects and lay leadership through regular, in-person meetings, networking, and relationship building. This position works independently and alongside key Moishe House leaders to develop a strong base of new funding.
- Facilitates meaningful and consistent touch points that instill a trust that contributions are an investment in the success of Moishe House and excitement around the residents and their work.
- Leverages Moishe House’s local presence, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the visibility and awareness of Moishe House in the relevant donor communities.
- Works closely with Moishe House’s Board of Directors and other local advocates, cultivating new supporters and raising awareness for Moishe House’s work, locally and around the world.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of successful fundraising/donor relations experience is required. Applicants with a strong interest and passion for fundraising who do not have formal experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques required, particularly in the area of major gifts from individuals and family foundations.
Other Critical Skills, Qualities and Abilities
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and able to work independently and with a team.
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and attention to follow-through.
- Demonstrate a passion for Jewish community building and the mission of Moishe House.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and written communication skills.
This position is based in Charlotte, NC and will work in Moishe House’s Executive Office with other Moishe House professionals. This position reports directly to the VP of Development. This is a full time position with regular (primarily regional) travel required.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history (no calls please) to: [email protected]
PLEASE WRITE “Southeastern Director of Advancement _ firstname_ lastname” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Moishe House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Moishe House provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, age, military status or protected veteran status, marital / registered domestic partner / civil union status, or genetic information in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
(Photo credit: Facebook page )