This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted March 3, 2018.
SUMMER BEIT MIDRASH PROGRAMMES 2018 - YESOD JEWISH LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS
Through Jewish Learning Scholarships, the Yesod Centre for Jewish Community Professional Development (Yesod Centre) will support Jewish community professionals, educators and rabbis in Europe to access high level intensive summer Jewish study programs in 2018. You will expand your Jewish knowledge and skills in engaging with Jewish texts and take this back home with you to your work of Jewish educational programming in European communities.
SCOPE OF SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT
Yesod will support a limited number of selected applicants with funds to cover tuition for one study session (approximately 2 weeks) and return flights to Israel if requested. The scholarship will be paid directly to the educational institute where the course of study will take place and flights will be booked through Yesod. Money will not be received directly by the applicant.
Yesod will not cover housing and other living costs. They will need to be met by a combination of the applicant, your employer and any other sources of funding you obtain.
During your studies, you will be required to participate in a small number of Yesod student gatherings, which will be an opportunity to connect with other European Jewish community professionals, educators and rabbis.
Within 30 days of completing the study program you will be required to submit a short online report describing the course of study, key lessons learned, how this has impacted you directly and plans to use your new learning in your work.
Yesod may request that scholarship recipients support other Yesod alumni with one-to-one mentoring, to produce a webinar or podcast, or to teach at a Yesod seminar. This would be discussed with recipients to fit in with your ongoing community roles.
We have identified several Beit Midrash study program options in Israel that you may apply for a Yesod Jewish Learning Scholarship to support participation. The application form also allows for you to request support for another program and to provide information about your requested program.
- Conservative Yeshiva Summer Program
- Shalom Hartman Institute Rabbinic Torah Study Seminar
- Pardes Summer Program
- Pardes Summer Francais
Jewish community professionals, educators and rabbis may apply who:
- Work in a Jewish organization or grassroots Jewish learning initiative to directly deliver Jewish educational programming
- Have not participated in a similar study program in 2017 or 2018
- Are based in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
- Have not already received a Yesod Jewish Learning Scholarship in the same calendar year.
Complete the application form here by Monday 2 April 2018. Applicants will be notified of selection by approximately the end of April.
For more information or to discuss applying please contact Yesod at [email protected]
(Photo Credit: Yesod website)