This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted December 13, 2016
YAHEL SOCIAL CHANGE PROGRAM
The Yahel Social Change Program is a unique 9-month service learning experience for young adults between the ages of 21 and 27. The program combines hands-on volunteer work with in-depth learning and immersion. Participants are placed in either the city of Lod or the Ramat Eliyahu neighborhood in Rishon LeZion, working with diverse communities such as the Ethiopian-Israeli, Arab-Israeli and others.The Yahel Social Change Program costs only $1,000 (including flight) for those eligible for a Masa Grant.
As a participant on this program you will:
- Grow professionally by working in a nonprofit setting, teaching in the local schools, working with at-risk youth, working in community gardens and cultivating deep relationships with community members.
- Explore the country and engage with Israeli social change initiatives through meetings with activists, social entrepreneurs and policy makers.
- Live as part of a diverse local Israeli community and experience the community's culture, tradition and way of life.
- Learn about social change and community work first hand, and contribute in a sustainable manner to these efforts through direct service.
- Create and build a vibrant community that learns and works together, forming the basis for individual and mutual growth.
Yahel's programs use a community-based service learning model. Partnering with local organizations and initiatives allows Yahel to base the service work on local expertise and ensure that participants contribute in a meaningful way to a variety of valuable programs and organizations. This partnership provides participants with a holistic view of community development through civic engagement
This is a Masa Israel program. Participants eligible for Masa grant can pay as little as $1,000 for the 9 month program. We do accept young adults who are not eligible for Masa grants, and Jewish affiliation is not a requirement for the program.
The Early Bird Deadline is: January 16, 2017, applying by this date guarantees your first choice in city placement.
Email: [email protected] for more information
(Photo credit: Yahel - Israel Service Learning Facebook)