Philbrook Museum of Art is a home for art, learning and creative engagement, and has been a cultural cornerstone of the Tulsa community for nearly 80 years. Built in 1926 for Waite and Genevieve Phillips and their children, Villa Philbrook is an Italianate mansion that stretches across a lush property of 25 acres of gardens. In 1930, the Phillips family generously donated their home, giving rise to Tulsa’s first art museum. The Museum’s permanent holdings have grown to include approximately 16,000 objects from around the world and spanning 5,000 years. Philbrook Downtown, a satellite location that opened in 2013 in the Tulsa Arts District, hosts a dynamic program of rotating contemporary and Native exhibitions.
The mission of Philbrook Museum of Art is to be an essential and exceptional participant in the cultural, educational and economic life of a growing and diverse community, and remain dedicated to inspiring the broadest possible public engagement, access and service.