Looking for an opportunity to shift REALITY in your community? Apply for a Grassroots Events micro grant!
Whether you want to organize a gallery exhibit, yoga retreat or [insert your idea here], Grassroots Events are an opportunity to bring 20 or more of your peers together for an intentional exploration of the themes from our REALITY journey—Israel, tikkun olam (repair the world), equality, inclusion, diversity and more.
Review the process below and submit your application! We have a limited number of micro grants available, and your event must meet our criteria to be considered.
Grassroots Events micro grants make it possible for you to #MakeItHappen!
Three Easy Steps:
- Apply: Submit application at least eight weeks in advance of the proposed program.
- Host Your Program: Your idea takes shape! Implement your program.
- Submit Your Report: A final report of your program should be submitted within 30 days of the event (we’ll send you a link just before your event takes place).
Note: Proposals must focus on young professionals (ages 18-39) and address the following themes:
- Tikkun Olam (repair the world)
- Jewish life
- Inclusion, equality and diversity
Step 1: Apply
In your application, you will be asked to provide information about your upcoming event, including:
- What is your event about? Give us the elevator pitch.
- What are you aiming to accomplish with your event?
- Who are you looking to impact?
- Check out a sample here.
- Projected Budget
- Including anticipated expenses (venue rental, PR and promotion, AV equipment, materials and supplies, food, etc.) and anticipated income (participation fees, in-kind and monetary donations, etc.).
- Note: for single day events, no more than up to $50 per participant will be awarded. Grants cannot be used to fund travel or personal expenses such as salary for the organizer. Funds are intended to be reimbursement for items such as food, program materials, speaker fees and accommodations that enhance the experience of being together.
- Draft invitation
Within a month of your submission, you will be notified if your application has been approved and for what amount. Then, you can start planning your program!
Step 2: Host Your Program
During and after program(s), REALITY Grassroots event organizers are asked to do the following:
- Use the hashtag #REALITYIsrael when posting on social media about your REALITY Grassroots event.
- Encourage your guests to hashtag #REALITYIsrael when posting on social media about their experience.
- Send a thank you email to attendees. To make it easy, we’ll share suggested language with you that you can personalize.
Step 3: Submit Your Report
Submit your report within 30 days of the conclusion of your Grassroots event in order to receive your reimbursement. No funds will be distributed if your report is submitted past this deadline.
Note on Payments
- Payments will be made as reimbursements and will be based on approved funding amount and actual expenses incurred.
- Receipts or signed contracts will be required in order to receive payment.
- All payments will be made via PayPal upon completion of the program.
- Funds will only be distributed to one recipient.