Grow professionally. Broaden your impact. Strengthen your involvement in Jewish life. ROI Micro Grants might be small in scale but they are designed to have macro impact. As an ROIer, you are eligible to apply for a yearly total of up to $2,000. Read on for details!
- As an ROI member, you are eligible to apply for up to $2,000 in ROI Micro Grants per calendar year!* You may apply for any number of Micro Grants per year, provided that no single request exceeds $1,000.
- Applications for the current year's pool of funding must be submitted by November 30 at the latest.
- ROI Micro Grants are awarded for opportunities in three categories: Professional Development, Organizational Capacity Building and Jewish Journey. See the FAQs for some examples.
- There are certain expenses that ROI Micro Grants cannot cover. Please see the FAQs for specifics.
- ROI Micro Grants are paid in the form of reimbursement, after the opportunity has taken place and upon the submission and approval of the ROI Micro Grant final report.
- Most applications are processed within 10 business days. However, we encourage you to apply well in advance of your opportunity to avoid disappointment and stressful planning.
* For the duration of the year in which you became an ROI member you are eligible for up to $1,000 in ROI Micro Grants. Starting in January of the following year, you will be eligible for up to the full $2,000 benefit.
- Apply. Apply for an ROI Micro Grant at least 10 business days in advance of the opportunity you are pursuing; retroactive requests will not be accepted. Application tip: Don't forget to hit "Submit," and look out for an email confirmation that your request has been received.
- Hear Back. Wait for ROI Community to contact you via email with application approval or follow-up questions.
- Experience! If your ROI Micro Grant application is approved, pursue the opportunity for which you were approved.
- Report. Within 30 days of the conclusion of the project/opportunity, submit your report using the unique link you received in your ROI Micro Grant approval email. Report tip: You will be required to submit receipts/invoices as part of your report in order to receive your reimbursement – so don't lose those receipts!
- Payment. ROI Micro Grants are awarded in the form of reimbursements. All reimbursements are made via PayPal, except in countries where PayPal does not operate. Payment tip: If you do not have a PayPal account, please set one up! If you reside in a country not served by PayPal, please note this in the form where indicated.
"I was able to personally benefit by not only meeting with many new people with fascinating new ideas, but also to practice my public speaking and iterating on my other presentation skills. Furthermore, a few people have contacted me about helping them launch their company so it was a great vehicle for business development. "