This information originates from a third party, the provider of this opportunity. In the event you have questions or require more details, please contact the provider of this opportunity directly.
Posted October 6, 2017.
The Australian Jewish Funders (AJF) is the network of Jewish funders inspiring effective philanthropy and strengthening community. This is achieved through programming and engagements that include The Jewish Teen Giving Initiative, Giving Circles education, member events, international philanthropic study tours and LaunchPad.
Guided by shared Jewish values and identity, the AJF strives to mobilise the power of the collective and provide a platform to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the Jewish community, Israel, Australia and the world – and to address them.
We are looking for a highly motivated Team Support Officer to join our small but passionate team to help solidify organisational administration processes, execute event planning, manage correspondence with stakeholders and beneficiaries as well as support other team members with day to day tasks. The Team Support Officer will be integral to ensuring the organisation is having the greatest impact possible.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and super organised, has an incredible eye for detail and sees opportunities instead of roadblocks. The candidate also has efficient organisational skills and has some experience managing a multitude of tasks simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines, thrives in a start-up environment and is excited to work in an innovative organisation within in the Australian Jewish community.
This position reports directly to the CEO and works very closely with the Director of Philanthropic Programs.
- Assist CEO, Director of Philanthropic Programs and team members in creating and project managing events including member meetings, international study tours, giving circles and more
- Manage internal events such as board meetings and team meetings, including preparing reports, minutes and agendas as necessary
- Assist in tracking membership, updating member details and membership communication
- Assist in the development and implementation of communication strategies
- Manage AJF website and social media as well as create and design newsletters and flyers
- Maintain administrative records, ensuring all details and systems are up to date
- Assist and manage program development, implementation and administration as needed, including the creation of new/arising projects
- Develop relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain office space and office culture
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong leadership qualities including strategic thinking and the ability to inspire others
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple large projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both as a member of a small team and autonomously
- Interest and passion for philanthropy and the non-for-profit sector
- Sensitivity and discretion handling confidential information
- Excellent technical skills – experience with and/or aptitude for mastering Microsoft Office suite, GoogleDocs, web platform backend and social media
WHY YOU’LL WANT TO WORK WITH AJF
- Opportunity to be part of a network of passionate change-makers making the world a better place
- Attend awesome and inspirational events with influential speakers addressing a broad range of topics in social impact and philanthropy
- Work out of the beautiful LaunchPad Hub coworking space (we have coffee and snacks!)
- Work with a ridiculously driven and supportive team
This is ongoing casual employment 3 days a week beginning October 30th, 2017 based in Melbourne, Australia.
Please send a brief resume and cover letter to [email protected] by the 17th October 2017. Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis.
(Photo Credit: Australian Jewish Funders)