A boost to your campaign
Our Crowdfunding Matching Grants provide ROIers with a helpful boost to their crowdfunding campaigns that can be leveraged to raise additional funds from others who share passion for their ideas.
See below for an explanation of how the match is made and (for ROIers) the process of applying.
ROI members: To apply for an ROI Crowdfunding Matching Grant, you will need to log in to the Community Platform.
- ROI Community members are eligible to apply for ROI Crowdfunding Matching Grants!
- While members may apply for any number of matching grants, theycan only receive up to one match per calendar year. Additionally, if an ROIer currently has a Grassroots Events Grant or a Crowdfunding Matching Grant open, they are not eligible to receive another Crowdfunding Matching Grant until the existing grant is closed.
- Members interested in applying for a match can host their campaigns on almost any legitimate crowdfunding platform that accepts U.S. credit cards.
- Campaigns that are approved will be matched up to a maximum of $5,000. The value of this match will not exceed 1/3 of the target amount for the campaign.
- Crowdfunding matching grants are designed to kick-start new projects, not to fund general operating expenses or core programs of an organization.
- We rarely fund filmmaking campaigns, so if a member applies for funding for a film/movie project, we will look for an exceptionally strong rationale as to how it aligns with our values.
- Questions to consider carefully before applying for a match:
- Is the campaign aligned with Schusterman Family Philanthropies' vision, core focus areas and values? (Read more about these here.)
- Is it suited for the crowdfunding model?
- Does the campaign have realistic monetary goals?
ROI member? Follow these five steps.
- Plan! Plan out your crowdfunding strategy and determine how much funding you will request through matching.
- Apply. Apply for an ROI Crowdfunding Matching Grant and hear back from the crowdfunding team within approximately 10 business days with a decision or follow-up questions. Tip: Let us know how you plan to leverage this matching grant to propel your cause.
- Launch. When you're all set to launch your campaign, update us with your final campaign details.**
- Payment. Once you have raised at least the amount of your match, let us know that you're ready for payment, and we will transfer the approved grant amount to your campaign.* Tip: Make sure to submit the "Ready for Payment" form at least 10 business days prior to the closing date of your campaign. We cannot transfer funds to a closed campaign.
- Report. Within two weeks of your campaign's completion, let us know the outcome of your crowdfunding experience. Did you meet your ultimate goal? How many people donated? We want to hear all about it!*
**The forms in steps 3, 4 and 5 can all be accessed via personalized links located in your grant approval email.