In times of crisis, community matters more than ever.
We are so proud of how our REALITY community has stepped up in powerful ways to support the urgent needs of the most vulnerable populations and to strengthen, uplift and care for communities most at risk.
It is in this spirit that we offer Emergency Response Micro Grants of up to $2,500 to support initiatives led by REALITY alumni that provide emergency response and relief to communities.
Informed by our commitment to repairing the world (tikkun olam), by our leadership journeys and by our personal and professional experiences, we believe that our community is uniquely positioned to:
- Identify emergency response and relief initiatives that support the most vulnerable residents of our neighborhoods and our local communities;
- Act quickly to organize and implement initiatives or collaborate with existing organizations to provide direct emergency response relief, and
- Work with fellow REALITY Community members and/or experts in the fields providing direct service and relief to the most vulnerable among us.
Please note that all initiatives supported by these micro grants must comply with the guidelines set by relevant local authorities, as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
If you need assistance or have questions, please send us a message!
Who is eligible to apply?
Members of the REALITY community are eligible to apply for and receive a total of two micro grants each calendar year:
- One Emergency Response Micro Grant of up to $2,500; and
- One Social Justice Micro Grant of up to $2,500.
What should these micro grants be used for?
Immediate, one-time grant up to $2,500 to support emergency response relief initiatives for the most vulnerable populations affected by the COVID-19 outbreak and natural disasters.
What should these micro grants not be used for?
This is not an exhaustive list, but here are some examples of what REALITY Micro Grants will not cover:
- REALITY Micro Grants will not provide charitable donations to organizations, individuals or families.
- No aspect of the initiative may involve an attempt to influence legislation, the outcome of any specific public election or support of any voter registration drive.
- Applications that include the following will not be funded:
- Paying bills (rent, utilities, etc.)
- Salaries to employees/investments in start-ups
- Direct payments/donations/stipends to organizations or individual people
- Direct donations to fundraisers
- Clinical trials
- Applications that fund an alum’s organization's operations/infrastructure/fundraiser, or the services of a REALITY alum, will not be funded.
- If the applicant works for the organization that they are applying on behalf of, the application is only permitted if the initiative uses funds to directly purchase basic needs for the populations listed above.
- The micro grant cannot fund direct payments to REALITY alumni for their services.
When will I receive notification on the grant?
You will receive notification on the grant within 7 business days of receipt.
How does the payment process work?
- Final reporting must be submitted within seven days of the project’s completion. You will find a link to your final report in the “My Tasks” section when logged in to the Community Platform.
- In keeping with REALITY Micro Grant protocols, payment will be made via PayPal upon completion of the program.
- Receipts and any signed documentation will be required in order to receive payment. Receipts must be submitted in JPEG, PNG or PDF format.
- Payments will be made as reimbursements and will be based on approved funding amount and actual expenses incurred.
- Reimbursement will be made within 5 business days of final report approval.