Our carefully crafted core values shaping ROI Community’s ethos and culture are Reciprocity; Connect and Create; Innovation; Inclusion and Respect; Personal Example; and Partnership and Contribution. They provide us with a values-based compass that prescribes how we act and relate to one another.
When we honor these values, we can learn, grow and connect. As a diverse and growing community, we’ve put practices in place to guide our conduct, and the conduct of our guests, at the ROI Summit and during other ROI Community experiences, ensuring that we maintain a safe community and our values are honored at all times:
- Reciprocity. We are a Community in the fullest sense and we, the Community members, feel both the privilege and the responsibility of belonging to it. We therefore seek out opportunities to both gain from and contribute to our fellow ROIers.
- Connect & Create. We believe that the potential to effect significant positive change is greatly increased when our efforts are combined. We believe in collaboration for the benefit of the individuals in our network, the Jewish community and the broader world.
- Innovation. Openness to ideas is the key to innovation and, as a result, "closed-mindedness" is not part of our vocabulary. By being open to the world and engaging with fresh ideas, we are better able to be effective agents of positive change.
- Inclusion & Respect. We believe in acting in the spirit of inclusion in its fullest sense, and we demonstrate respect for all opinions and people. Respect and respectful discourse, even in the face of disagreement, are core values of ours.
- Personal Example. As ROI members, we are global representatives of the ROI Community brand. Whether during official ROI Community activities or elsewhere, we always assume that we are being looked to as personal examples of behavior and leadership.
- Partnership & Contribution. Our commitment to reciprocity inspires our member-to-member relationships and our member-to-organization relationship. We pursue our goals with a spirit of partnership, championing each other's efforts to support our own growth, alongside contributions from the network.
When we, or our guests, ignore or distance ourselves from these practices and fail to exemplify our core values, we risk harming our Community's culture and members. Therefore, if an act is committed, intentionally or unintentionally, that harms or disrupts our Community’s ethos, ROI Community retains the right to take action that we deem necessary to maintain a safe, respectful and inclusive community for our members and guests.
Should there be acts of harassment of any kind, consequences range from a warning, to expulsion from the Community, Summit or event, without refund. Harassment (both online and in person) includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to age, race, ethnicity, ability, religion, national origin, physical appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording or displays of sexual images in public spaces
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
ROI Community encourages affirmative consent among Community members with respect to interpersonal interactions. With respect to sexual consent, only yes means yes in our Community. We expect our Community to behave appropriately and understand consent is the affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in any physical contact.
It is of utmost importance that everyone feels comfortable at a Summit, at an event or within our Community. If you experience or witness harmful acts or harassment against Community members or event attendees, report the incident(s) in-person to a staff member or facilitator, email [email protected]. In either case, please include as much detail as possible, including who were the individuals involved, when and where did the incident occur and any other additional information that will help us understand and address the incident. The report recipient will respond to your submission, complete the report with you, and confirm all case information before any action is taken. In cases of emergency, action will be taken immediately.